2022 Painkiller Cup Recap
Perfect conditions were on hand for the January 15th Painkiller Cup. Flat sea conditions and light wind met the racers at the start of the 14-mile team race at Trellis Bay. Brian Duff and the BVI Yacht Sales Team stepped out to an early lead and, after 3 hours and 30 minutes reached the finish at White Bay, Jost Van Dyke in first place.
The shorter Mini-Painkiller Cup Race started at Sandy Cay. A field of 21-racers paddled the 3.5-miles to White Bay.
- Josh Morrell took the bullet with Andrew “Tubes” Thompson in 2nd while Christian Thompson (no relation) finished 3rd
- A father/son duo rounded out the top five with Andy Morrell in 4th and Sam Morrell in 5th.
- Christine Joseph was the top women in 9th overall followed by Jessica Bamford who finished in 10th. The 3rd women was Kate Mallin, who finished in 11th overall!
- In the team relay portion of the event Team BVI Yacht Sales comprising Duff, Danny Petrovic and Moon collected $2,250 for their winning efforts.
- 2nd place in the team relay went to the Old Farts Team of Lee Donovan, Johan Henry and Amanda Petrovic.
3rd place was the Sunburn Drink Team from Florida while Lis Bailey from Guana Island led Team Jus For We to 4th.
Both races finished at Hendo’s Hideout on White Bay, Jost Van Dyke. The 2022 Painkiller Cup was sponsored by the Sunburn Drink, HIHO, The Moorings and Lemon + Line.
Visit our website to purchase 2022 Painkiller Cup gear here.